CODE OF ETHICS
Pastor Nancy Mercier, Holistic Spiritual Arts Practitioner as Interfaith Pastor/Minister and Naturopath (ND); believes in the dignity and worth of all human beings and pledges to pursue her Divine calling with the highest level of ethics in service to God/Spirit and to the well-being and betterment of all members of society, serving them with compassion, integrity and competence.
She Pledges to:
- Adhere to the Code of Ethics for Spiritual Directors and the Regulations of the Academy of Naturopaths and Naturotherapists of Canada by ensuring she has adequate qualifications, experience, capabilities and/or ongoing training, to be of service.
- Maintain a proper professional relationship with all persons served, assisting them to help themselves and to mutually agree to referrals and/or seeking advise, when in their best interest, with/to other professionals and/or treatment plans.
- Value the sanctity of personhood, personal freedom and responsibility of informed free choices by adults in matters of belief and action.
- Empower all those she serves, by providing helpful tools and resources that discourage dependencies of her services.
- Respect the confidentiality of client’s by carefully protecting their identity, all records of consultations, and their situations from disclosure; except in the case where child abuse or, clear and immediate danger to a person(s) is greatly suspected or apparent.
- Respect institutional policies and procedures and cooperate with Interfaith Movement affiliates by complying with recognized standards and procedures.
- Provide clear expectations and/or mutual agreements with persons served, regarding: treatment plans & duration, resources & tools, ongoing evaluations, responsibilities & accountability, appointment schedules, fees, payments, referrals, and termination of services.
Pastor Nancy Mercier has a yearly criminal check, adheres to the above listed Code of Ethics and Regulations, and maintains current education. Indeed, she is pursuing a Master's Degree in Counselling Psychology and licensing as a Grief Recovery Specialist as part of her ongoing commitment to learning and higher education.